Packages to be removed for Fedora 13

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Thu Feb 11 12:45:24 UTC 2010

I wrote:
> I have plans to use python-pgsql:
[...]

and Till Maas wrote:
> Yes, adopting it as a maintainer would be enough to prevent its removal. I
> guess you do not need much SQL knowledge to maintain it. I do now know, why
> it has been orphaned, but you could contact the previous maintainer, who is
> probably:
> Konstantin Ryabitsev icon fedoraproject org

I'd be happy to take up python-pgsql's maintenance.  I've gotten a lot
out of Fedora and would like to give something back.

However, Felix Schwarz pointed out that python-psycopg2 also provides
a database interface for Python and is far more popular.

I wouldn't mind maintaining python-pgsql anyway, if there are people
who use it despite the availability of python-psycopg2.

But perhaps there would be a better use for my time.  That is, would
the community be better off if python-pgsql were completely abandoned,
and I contributed in some other way?

Ever Faithful,

Don Quixote
--