Iptables question

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Feb 12 01:09:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 13:44 +1300, Clint Dilks wrote:

> > WTF?
> >
> > Craig
> >

> Hi, Are you also using /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny ?
----
nevermind... pebkac - ssh only available at the port I moved it to
(rather than making available on multiple ports). I wasn't actually
worried about using ssh to connect to localhost but rather other daemons
and so I installed telnet package and indeed other ports with active
listening daemons actually respond as expected on localhost. netstat is
my friend...

Thanks

Craig

believed to be clean.