ATI Radeon vs nVidia 3D accelleration

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Fri Feb 12 04:53:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com> wrote:
> AFAIK, the radeon driver doesn't support 3D acceleration for HD4*** family of
> cards. and that is probably the reason why tuxracer doesn't work. However, I
> don't know why glxinfo reports that direct rendering is active in this case.

Ah, that's too bad.

It's going to be a while though, before my OpenGL skills have advanced
to the point that hardware accelleration really matters.

These I'm doing pretty good to draw a rainbow-colored square in a GLUT window.

Maybe by the time I become the 1337 graphics h4x0r, the radeon driver
will be able to accellerate with my card.

Mike
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote at dulcineatech.com