Latest google-chrome won't load

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 03:59:08 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-13 at 19:02 -0500, Mail Lists wrote:
> On 02/13/2010 06:04 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
> > As I did say, I dl'ed from the official Google repo, which currently
> > distributes a Beta. However the update (*from the 64-bit repo* was a
> > 32-bit executable, which is why it failed, i.e. it was misfiled by
> > whoever maintains these things.
> >
> > As I also said, the 64-bit version downloaded directly from Google's
> > page did work correctly.
> >

>   Sorry - to be more clear - i yum updated the beta and it stayed a
> workign 64 bit version.

Tried it again and it worked.

Now I realize what happened. I was actually using the 32-bit version in
order to get Java to work, so the update pulled in a new 32-bit version.
Apologies again, must engage brain. Especially apologies for accusing
the repo maintainer for putting up the wrong version :-)

However this 32-bit version *does* fail because of missing libraries,
which are not really missing (see OP). So I'm back to the beginning.
What to do?

poc