Sendmail help sought

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Feb 15 17:11:05 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 15:40 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Should I set MASQUERADE_AS and/or MASQUERADE_DOMAIN
> on laptop and/or desktop?

Only if you need to, or want to, rewrite addresses to fake them as being
those addresses, when the originally were not.  My mail set up is quite
similar to your description, and I've never needed to do that.

One problem with such simple masquerading is when you send out a mail
using a local LAN address, it fakes your local domain to be the ISP's
domain, and that constructed address happens to be the same address as
someone else on your ISP.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686