F12 on one machine bollixed, but BAD

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Feb 15 19:31:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:15:30 +0000 (UTC)
BeartoothHOS wrote:

> 	Now it boots only as far as the line about registering something
> to do with binaries and Windows.

I believe that is just "wine" registering its binary handler. That
is usually the last thing it does before bringing up the X login
screen. You could boot the system at runlevel 3 instead of 5, and
that would make it simpler to fool with xorg.conf and other X things,
trying them out with "startx".

Is this by any chance an ATI video card? I know recent updates
certainly seemed to make my ATI card worse instead of better.