Moblin is dead, Fedora on netbooks?

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Tue Feb 16 04:52:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Itamar Reis Peixoto
<itamar at ispbrasil.com.br> wrote:
>> You do realise that there is a fedora arm port right?  I run it on my beagle
>> board and sheva plug.  it runs nicely

Ah, thanks - I did not know.  I'll definitely check it out.

> in brazil the energy cost's alot of money, and arm don't wast energy,
> I am very happy with my Lord Sheeva running Fedora
>
> also reduced alot my eletric bill!

Funny you should say that: I went to all kinds of effort and expense
to build the very most powerful Xeon box I could afford.

What I didn't realize, was that it would generate so much heat that I
would not be able to tolerate its use with my window shut.  The box is
in my bedroom; if I should fall asleep while it is running, I will
awaken drenched in sweat.

For that reason, I plan to replace the standard Xeon CPU and FB-DIMM
memory with their low-power equivalents.  Happily my Supermicro
X7DWA-N motherboard is compatible with both standard and low-power
components.

It will cost a lot of money to replace them, but it didn't take long
for me to figure out that the low-power components would pay for
themselves within a year, because of lower energy costs.

Don Quixote

--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote at dulcineatech.com