Moblin is dead, Fedora on netbooks?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 16 06:57:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 23:48 -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> I would suggest you find out how much Celeron is really using before
> thinking it is low power.

Well, considering that the PSU is only a 90 watt-er, a simple
motherboard with only on-board i810, low amount of RAM, no
daughterboards, etc., it's going to use less power than a new box full
of stuff, with heatsinks radiating heat everywhere...  And it certainly
can't draw as much power as the other box with the 400 watt supply.  And
you can feel the heat difference between the different PCs.

It's lower power, not radically lower, but still lower than using an
over-powered PC.  The electricity usage isn't that much of an issue, but
being in a room with a /radiator/ always running is.  I certainly notice
such things (PCs that are hotter than others) when we have several 40
degree C days in a row.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686