Internet cameras -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 17 16:57:22 UTC 2010

On 17/02/10 09:10, Steven Stern wrote:

> When you use the camera from Windows, do you use a browser to view the
> image?  If so, can you find anything relevant in the page source?
>
> If not, what does netstat show while viewing the image?  It may use some
> port other than 80.

Yes, their software brings up IE and the video image is displayed in a
window there.

Source doesn't provide much of use that I can see.

    <head>
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">
    <title>Wireless IP Camera</title>
    <base target="_self">
    </head>

    <frameset cols="*" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0">
    <frameset cols="*">
    <frameset rows="50,22,86%">
    <frame name="top" src="top.htm" scrolling="no" noresize
    marginwidth="12" marginheight="15" target="_self">
    <frame name="button" src="button.htm" target="main"
    marginheight="12" scrolling="no" noresize>
    <frame name="main" src="camera.asp" target="_self">
    </frameset>
    </frameset>
    <noframes>

    </noframes>
    </frameset>

I'm not sure how to use "netstat" to investigate this?

They do show two ports under LAN configuration, 4321, and 80.

      LAN

    Network Type : 	DHCP Static IP Address
    IP Address :
    Subnet Mask :