change HDD without Re-installing Fedora 12 ..!!!!

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Feb 20 07:10:26 UTC 2010

Jatin K wrote:
> Dear list
>
> I'm using FC 12 x86_64 on my dell vostro 1520 notebook  with 160GB hdd
> installed in it , now I want to upgrade the hdd from 160GB  to 320GB
> 7200 RPM
>
> is it possible to transfer fedora 12 from one hdd to another ?? I dont
> want to re-install it as lots of software and configurations are there
> in old one
>
> is there any  way like ghost ( like in M$ environment ) for Linux or may
> be something like that
>

> Thnx in advance

I don't have an answer for your question.  But, I do have a
request/observation.

There is no longer a "fedora-list at redhat.com" list.  Any message sent to
that list will end up in the "users at lists.fedoraproject.org".  So, there
is no need to send the same message to both lists and there is no
need/reason to Cc the old "fedora-list at redhat.com" list.  The only thing
it does is have everyone on the list getting duplicates...

--
Must destroy mankind! (His watch alarm goes off) Ooh, lunchtime! --
Homer Simpson Homer Goes To College