USB wireless that works-out-of-box?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat Feb 20 22:47:17 UTC 2010

Hi. Can anyone recommend a USB wireless card which works out-of-the-box with
Fedora? I installed Fedora on my dad's laptop, very successfully, but the
system has some hardware issues with the built-in wireless (it was
problematic in Windows too). So he wants to just get an add-on.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a compatibility minefield -- can anyone
suggest something that will just work for him? (No ndiswrapper, please!)

Thanks!

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>
Computing & Information Technology