screen brightness - full brightness on battery not possible ?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sat Feb 20 23:06:03 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 17:23 -0500, Mail Lists wrote:
>   Yep - the bios keys work fine and are at full - something is makign
> battery less bright than when plugged in ...

Hello Mr. Lists, or may I call you Mail?

It might be a hardware thing that's either set from one of the bios
setting screens (or maybe a setup.exe that comes with the computer - do
they make them like that any more) or it may be something that you can't
change without rewriting the bios yourself, which is likely not
practical.

Are you running the latest bios version for your motherboard?  If not,
maybe a newer bios will expose more options.  It's been known to happen.