Upgrade downgrades Firefox

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 05:49:22 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Patrick Bartek <bartek047 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Sat, 2/20/10, Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was running Firefox 3.6.? and
>> upgrades were available today. After
>> reboot, Firefox opened with version 3.5.8. I tried yum
>> update
>> firefox... and I apparently have the latest version!
>
> What does 'yum info Firefox' report?  What version of Fedora are you using?

yum info firefox
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
Name       : firefox
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 3.5.8
Release    : 1.fc12
Size       : 17 M
Repo       : installed
>From repo  : updates
Summary    : Mozilla Firefox Web browser
URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
License    : MPLv1.1 or GPLv2+ or LGPLv2+
           : standards compliance, performance and portability.

I was formerly running 3.6.? (whichever was current). Isn't it amazing
that everybody doesn't have the same problem?