USB wireless that works-out-of-box?

Joel Gomberg obligor11-fedora at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 06:40:02 UTC 2010

On 02/20/2010 02:47 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Hi. Can anyone recommend a USB wireless card which works out-of-the-box with
> Fedora? I installed Fedora on my dad's laptop, very successfully, but the
> system has some hardware issues with the built-in wireless (it was
> problematic in Windows too). So he wants to just get an add-on.
>
> Unfortunately, this seems to be a compatibility minefield -- can anyone
> suggest something that will just work for him? (No ndiswrapper, please!)

I have a Medialink adapter that I bought from Amazon for $30:

http://www.amazon.com/Medialink-Wireless-Adapter-802-11g-Compatible/dp/B001DKBNMA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&m=A1DCPNQKKEISZB&s=generic&qid=1266723377&sr=1-5

It just works.  I now have my laptop's built in wireless working, so I don't
need it any more.  If you'd like it, send me an email off-list.

--
Joel