Firefox lockup after last update

Vincent Onelli vonelli at optonline.net
Sun Feb 21 15:38:30 UTC 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:47:47 -0800 (PST)
> From: Patrick Bartek <bartek047 at yahoo.com>

> --- On Sat, 2/20/10, Vincent Onelli <vonelli at optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > Today after last update Firefox lockup every time. I toke
> > the following
> > steps in try to fix what ever went wrong, I first execute
> > "yum reinstall
> > firefox" no change then "yum update firefox" again no
> > change so I
> > decided to uninstall Firefox and then reinstall it so now
> > it does not
> > load at all.
> > any suggestion?
>
> What does 'yum info Firefox' report?

[vinny at laptop ~]$ yum info Firefox
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
adobe-linux-i386                                         |  951 B
00:00
adobe-linux-i386
17/17
updates/metalink                                         |  14 kB
00:00
Installed Packages
Name       : firefox
Arch       : i586
Version    : 3.5.8
Release    : 1.fc11
Size       : 17 M
Repo       : installed
>From repo  : updates
Summary    : Mozilla Firefox Web browser
URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
License    : MPLv1.1 or GPLv2+ or LGPLv2+
           : standards compliance, performance and portability.

[vinny at laptop ~]$