Philips 9 at 9q USB connection

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 21 21:01:27 UTC 2010

On 21/02/10 19:53, Hiisi wrote:
> Hi list!
> Recently I've bought a new cell phone. It's Philips 9 at 9q Xenium. It
> I'm unable to use it with wammu - can't find appropriate device. As I
> understand system recognise it as removable disk, not a cell phone. Is
> it possible to change that behaviour?
If it is windows mobile, their is a setting for fast transfer (usb disk
emulation), or windows sync mode, of which only one can be selected at once.

If you mean to say "use the phone's cell data capability to share it's
internet connection", then there is another setting to enable that.
On older f10, this works initially, everything seems good - private dhcp
assigned on the usb connection, pc can ping itself, phone and external
dns server. but when i try to get a page, anything but the simplest
craps out before even the basics of the page are drawn.

Other people suggest bluetooth as the tether method, but i haven't the
bt to try it.