How the H&*()*) do I turn auto numbering in OO Writer completely OFF ?

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 22 14:58:32 UTC 2010

Hiisi wrote:

>> Paul Allen Newell wrote:
>>
>>> Though you may have found a way to get rid of it (and I am glad and am
>>> filling this email away should I need it), I thought your prior [rant]
>>> [...] [/rant] was very appropriate. I spent a few years doing typography
>>> and I have always hated any program that thinks it knows how I want to
>>> present content.
>>>
>> This might be a perfect situation to remind you what WYSIWYG stands for:
>>
>>  "What  You  See  Is  What  You  Get"
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> If you guys are into serious typography, you might want to learn some TeX (or
>> at least LaTeX). Invest a couple of days in it, then switch and forget those
>> old, dark days of using {Microsoft|Star|Open}-office apps... ;-)
>>
>> Best, :-)
>> Marko
>>

> Agreed. And if you only want to type good looking documents and you
> want it quickly give lyx a try. It's in fedora repo. Grate tutorial
> included.

WYSIWYG ... sure, I'll smile on that one.

For what it is worth, back when I needed it, I would use nroff/troff and
these days use OO pretty much as a read-only tool. Tex/LaTex always
seemed the the option I should go if I needed if I had to walk that path
again. Never heard of lyx, I'll take a look.

Thanks,
Paul