Fedora box with RHEL subscription

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Tue Feb 23 08:16:56 UTC 2010

On 02/22/2010 05:54 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Has anyone ever tried adding a RHEL subscription to a Fedora 11/12 box
> before?

What are you trying to achieve!?

> I attempted to use rhn_register, but after giving it my RHN credentials,
> which are valid, I receive a Python traceback[1] and it quits.

When we tried to setup spacewalk we also had issues with rhn_register
and yum on our clients. I suggest you check the spacewalk repos and
install the clients from there and retry. It fixed (almost) all of our
problems. However not with RHN, but Spacewalk.

Don't hesitate to contact me off-list in case you have further questions.

Best,
 Oliver