Historical cpu consumption information?

Wendell Nichols wcn00 at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 24 17:53:28 UTC 2010

My fedora 10 laptop routinely "freezes".  That means the menu's and
applications don't respond to mouse clicks.  After a few seconds (or
sometimes many seconds) it frees up and works normally again.  If I look
at the cpu consumption graph I can see that something had the processer
pegged at 100% but what?  during the episode there is no way to switch
to top or the ksysguard process list because the system is
unresponsive.  So how do I find out what caused the lockup?
wcn