Recursive comparing of files

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:38:18 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 24 February 2010 01:31:00 Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> I have the following task: there are two directories on the disk, say a/
>  and b/, with various subdirectories and files inside. I need to find and
>  erase all *duplicate* files, and after that all empty directories.

Folks, thanks for all suggestions! I also found yet another one of these
tools, called komparator.

Basically, if you prefer the command line, fdupes is the way to go. If you
prefer a GUI, you can use fslint, komparator or any other.

They are all basically feature-full, and for my purposes each of them did the
job quite well.

Thanks a lot! :-)
Marko