KMail / Akonadi mess

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 13:50:35 UTC 2010

Quoting Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>:

> Do you happen to have a locally-installed mysql in /opt/mysql? If so, it's
> possible it is what is causing this.

Rex, I appreciate your suggestion. Unfortunately I do not have
anything in /opt/mysql. The only thing in /opt is /opt/Adobe (Adobe
Reader.)

Nice suggestion and it would have been great to be that easy to fix. I
really do appreciate the suggestion. If anyone else has any other
ideas, I'm all ears/eyes. :-)

Anything anyone needs to know (other than the root password, of course
:-D) just speak up and I'll try to let you know. I'm not exactly a
n00bie here... been using linux since before there was a Fedora... I
think I started with Mandrake 5 since RedHat didn't support the video
card I had in my machine at work... :-)