KMail / Akonadi mess

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 15:15:09 UTC 2010

Well, I'm not sure what the problem was, but after reading some suggestiosn
on the KDE forum, I tried renaming ~/local/share/akonadi to akonadi-old and
tried starting KMail again and it miraculously started normally.

I would suggest that anyone who has problems after an upgrade like this
should try renaming ~local/share/akonadi and try again. It might also have
had something to do with mysqld. I don't know if it was already running or
not, but I manually started the service before renaming the folder. I know
it wasn't mysqld alone as I had already tried it since manually starting
the service.