Fedora Install

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Feb 27 04:45:58 UTC 2010

On 02/26/2010 02:21 PM, users-request at lists.fedoraproject.org wrote:

> I would like to get any flavor of Linux installed
> to my older-generation computer.  I have 2
> old computers:
> x86 Family 6 Model 7 Stepping 3 AT/AT Compatible 130,596 KB Ram
> Intel (R) 4 CPU 1400 MHz 130,352 KB Ram
>
> I know that x86 is a Pentium 3.
>

> I have tried 2 different downloaded versions
> of the single CD install:
> Fedora 12 i686-LIVE
> I don't want a dual boot - I want a clean install.

If you check the fedora site you can get a direct install iso. The
easiest one to grab is the dvd iso.

You probably have too little RAM for a graphical install. You might try
selecting a text install at the first (or so) screen.
The live-cd is intended to run from the CD so you can check that it will
run. There is an option to install from the running live-cd instance.
But you need more memory to get it to run at all, by the looks of it.

Geoff