Firewall setting needed for NFS?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sat Feb 27 09:50:49 UTC 2010

I'm trying to figure out the firewall options for NFS setup.
If I completely disable the firewall, it works fine.
I've found a number of pages that say what ports  need to be opened, but it
continues to fail even with  all those ports open.

I don't have a need for the NFS, but I've had a number of users of my G4L
disk imaging program that want to use NFS in addition to the SSHFS and
CIFS that it already supports.  It can also image to local partitions or ftp
servers.

I even used wireshark to monitor the transactions to see what ports were
used for a connection with the firewall disabled, but it didn't work when I
opened those ports.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI      9,422,644.387946 | EINSTEIN  3,793,321.460851
ROSETTA   1,721,675.117960 | ABC         181,634.244915