Nut 0 vs F10 winner

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 2 06:44:45 UTC 2010

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I am trying to make nut work, in this case with the usbhid-ups driver for a
> Belkin UPS.

i use apc ups exclusively and it is all i recommend.

i did try nut when it first came out, but i went back to apcupsd.

> Something is interfering with the drivers access to the ups,

because, like every else, it has moved to usb.

<snip>

> failed to claim USB device: could not claim interface 0: Device or resource
> busy

that is telling you what is wrong.

<snip>

> Does anyone know what might be attempting to gain access to this usb
> connected device besides usbhid-ups?

years back, several of my ee friends and i were sitting around one night just
after usb was first introduced, usb came up in discussions.

after a few had made comments about how great it would be and how much could
be run on it, i said, 'yeah, just like an expressway. it will be great at
night and between towns, but during rush hour, it will get congested.'

your problem may well be because you have too much running under usb.

i have not looked at architecture of usb hardware or drivers, but i would
suggest that you do some separating of devices, especially if you have an
external hub connected, move ups to a controller where it will be by itself.

hth.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.