Anyone know of a program to read dicom files?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 14:24:13 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Paolo Galtieri <pgaltieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> The CD came with its own image display software which runs on Windows.
> However the software locks up when I run it on Windows.
>
> When I try your suggestion I get:
>
> display: magick/list.c:485: GetFirstImageInList: Assertion
> `images->signature == 0xabacadabUL' failed.
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> running file on the image I get:
>
> 1.dicom: DICOM medical imaging data
>
> Is it possible that this is a proprietary format?
>
> Paolo

I know I've successfully used it so if it's having issues with the
files as well the problem may lay with the files themselves. This[1]
site has some additional information, software, and some samples dicom
files you can try for reference. Good luck!

Richard

[1] http://www.sph.sc.edu/comd/rorden/dicom.html