Sansa mp3 player support

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Jan 3 15:27:29 UTC 2010

I have a Sansa Connect player that has a number of the setup functions
disabled (for example the wifi is turned off).  I cannot get it into the
mode where it appears as a USB drive to non-M$ systems that have itunes
installed on it.

I just installed FC12 on this notebook.  When I plug the Sansa player
in, it displays messages about geting Ablum and song info and then comes
up in its regular Music Library.  On my FC12 system, I cannot find any
mounted device (like in /media) and RythmBox (which was running at the
time) does not show any of the songs on the player.

help?