Need usb troubleshoting tool

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 3 21:56:19 UTC 2010

Gene Heskett wrote:

> Attached.

well, it was really for you to see. anyway, a file of name '*.cgi' is for
use in a web browser, and not a true command line executable. even tho it
was found by 'locate stat|grep bin/'.

my bad for not explaining it "mo' betta" than,

>> you do not run a '.cgi' from a shell. run "man 8 upsstats.cgi" to see what
>> it is for.

'man' should have explained it for you. i do not have this man page so i can
not run it to see what it says. :(

> All from tarballs since the rpms are too old to deal with this 2+ year old
> ups, with paths corrected well enough it now runs, except for a fail report
> from upsdrvctl when starting the init.d/ups script, which works, but reports
> a FAIL.  And it was configured with all optional pieces, built and installed.

even with ups being 2+ years old, you should be able to pull what you need
and use it in a current version. or is this what you did? not sure from above.

primarily what you would need is the communications that are used to receive
and send to ups, so they should work.

also, please excuse my delay in replying. i have been cleaning up and rebuild
my archive drive so i can get things restored.

what is taken so long is that i made changes to how i do archiving, and i am
trying to clean up duped files and directories that have been moved around
and even renamed. i need a good dupe file finder.

later.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.