Kde problems

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Mon Jan 4 03:47:18 UTC 2010

2010/1/4 Mail Lists <lists at sapience.com>:

>  Before changing back to ext3 and reinstalling - which looks like a shot
> in the dark to me - you may want to a boot live cd and run fsck on the
> partition.

Complete stab in the dark :-) Doing a fsck is a good idea - I was
assuming that the partition was being formatted each time Fedora was
re-installed, but if he uses a separate partition for /home, then that
could well be it.

My understanding is that he does fresh installs and KDE works
correctly the first time, but then dies after the first reboot. That
doesn't make sense, so seems like his KDE configs aren't being written
properly. I've had a similar problem with Fedora 11 and ext4.

-c