reboot cycle, no log messages

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 21:11:37 UTC 2010

On Jan 3, 2010, at 12:51 AM, Roberto Ragusa wrote:

> Joel Rees wrote:
>> yum provides libfreebl3.so tells me that nss-softokn-freebl is
>> installed. Trying an erase to re-install it tells me that most of
>> the OS
>> and most of the apps seem to be dependent on it, one way or
>> another. Hmm.
>
> Bypass yum.
>
>   rpm -V nss-softokn-freebl
>
> or/and
>
>   rpm -Uhv --replacepkgs --oldpackage nss-softokn-freebl.....rpm

Well, yeah, I'm expecting to use that as a workaround. (Thanks for
saving me the trouble of trying to remember the --replacepkgs
option. :-)

> Are you on 32 or 64 bit? If 64, maybe the libs are incomplete.

32 bit.

Seems odd this hasn't bitten others yet. I'm hoping it doesn't mean
the hard disk itself is dying, or that LVM has issues with my setup
and is corrupting the file system.

Joel Rees