any fundamental difference between fedora and suse NFSv4?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jan 5 08:21:30 UTC 2010

Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 15:04 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> FWIW, I've not spent any time trying to get a pure nfs4 environment.
>> IMHO, it doesn't buy anything.
>>

> Getting away from usernames and numerical user IDs having to all be the
> same on each computer?

I think you are missing my point....

Using only nfsv4 mounts to achieve that is certainly is an advancement.
However, the act of disabling the other nfs versions doesn't prevent
using nfsv4 and as far as I can tell it offers no gain.  I am, of
course, assuming that anyone administering nfs would take security in
mind and wouldn't be exporting file systems willy-nilly.

--
Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest do not happen at
all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects. --