i686 packages in my Fedora 12 x86_64

Germán A. Racca german.racca at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 23:39:01 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 20:38 +0000, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 January 2010 19:44:25 Germán "A. Racca" wrote:
> > Hi all:
> >
> > I have freshly installed Fedora 12 x86_64 in my PC 2 weeks ago. Now I
> > see that I have some (49) packages in both i686 and x86_64
> > architectures. The list is at the end of the message.
> >
> > What should I do?
>
> My guess is that you probably installed some package that needs i686 libs. You
> can try to yum remove them, and see what is to be removed as a dependency.
> Hopefully it will give you a clue why they are there.
>
> HTH, :-)
> Marko

Hello!

Thanks for replying. When I try to remove them, it also wants to remove
for dependencies:

gtk2-engines-aurora.i586
gtk2-engines-candido.i586

which I've installed last week. My idea is to remove those gtk engines
and to package them myself for x86_64...

Thanks,
Germán.

--
Germán A. Racca
National Institute for Space Research (INPE)