NetworkManager vs Cacheing nameserver

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Jan 6 02:19:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 00:26:00 +0000
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> It might, in fact it probably would, but it's hard to believe that that
> is the way you're supposed to do this.

I'm sure it isn't, but it is easy and it works (except on opensuse
where the whole boot process comes to a screeching halt when it can't
write resolv.conf :-).

If they wanted people to know the right way to fix it, then instead
of just a comment saying "resolv.conf generated by NetworkManager"
they would actually put in a comment describing how to convince
NetworkManager to generate the correct resolv.conf file, (but that's
just what they'd expect us to do! :-).