need howto for SELinux config--ssh on non-standard port

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 13:23:52 UTC 2010

On 01/06/2010 09:29 PM, John Poelstra wrote:
> I'm running sshd on a high (>1024) port number and cannot find a clear
> step by step guide for configuring this correctly on Fedora 12 on
> google.... I've come across lots of random bugs and forum questions, but
> nothing that starts at the beginning of the process through the end.
>
> I'm a total SELinux newbie and usually just disable itall together when
> things like this happen.  I'm trying to change my ways :)   Can anyone
> provide any URLs or the steps?
>
> If someone can provide the steps here I'll blog about it to get it
> documented so others do not have to suffer the same fate.
>
> Thanks,
> John

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/selinux-managing-confined-services-guide/en-US/F11/html/sect-Managing_Confined_Services-Configuration_examples-Changing_port_numbers.html

If the avc is for an undefined port "port_t"  then you can do the command

# semanage port -a -t ssh_port_t PORTNUM

If you are listing to a defined port NAME_port_t, then you need to load a custom policy module

# grep ssh /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -m myssh
# semodule -i myssh.pp