ati drivers f12

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Thu Jan 7 21:38:23 UTC 2010

On 01/07/2010 06:41 PM, François Patte wrote:

If sounds as if ony software 3D is working on your board. You can
run "glxinfo" and look for the line starting "OpenGL renderer string"
to find out.

I'm afraid the graphics drivers in F12, especially with respect to 3D
support is very dodgy at the moment and does not look likely to improve
in the short term. You can try modifying the driver options in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf. The F12 release notes in a section under ATI give
some possible options to try.
Also adding "nomodeset" to the kernel boot line in /etc/grub.conf
can sometimes help with particular graphics cards to get around the
numerous bugs.