How to verify nvidia drivers working

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jan 8 08:02:30 UTC 2010

> On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 16:08 +0100, Jan Litwi?ski wrote:
>> >  G'day steve,

>> >  glxgears ?
> The default configuration for the nvidia driver displays a splash screen
> on startup with the nvidia brand name.  If you see that, you're good.
>
> Also look in /var/log/Xorg.0.log for the name of the driver that loaded.
> Also, lsmod should show the nvidia kernel module.

There is a program available at

http://hftom.free.fr/qvdpautest-0.5.tar.gz

which will test and spec out your system.

It will give you information such as:

SURFACE GET BITS: 1169.1 M/s
SURFACE PUT BITS: 1255.18 M/s

MPEG DECODING (1920x1080): 78 pic/s
VC1 DECODING (1440x1080): 94 pic/s

MIXER WEAVE (1920x1080): 5586 frames/s
MIXER BOB (1920x1080): 8771 fields/s
MIXER TEMPORAL (1920x1080): 2150 fields/s
MIXER TEMPORAL_SPATIAL (1920x1080): 753 fields/s

(That is from a GTX285.)

Geoff