How do I get SB X-FI sound card working on Fedora 12

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Fri Jan 8 18:28:22 UTC 2010

Back to the subject, is pulseaudio alive?
$ ps -AH | grep pulse

------->ps -AH | grep pulse
------->1691 ?        00:00:09   pulseaudio

>  Another point that I probably should have made earlier is that I did compile alsa-driver-1.0.22.1.0.g2d697.0.g88788 since I thought I
>  would need it.

Uggghhh....
snd-ctxfi is already a part of the built in alsa package (1.0.21)
shipped with Fedora 12.
I assume that you also did a "make install" when compiling the
alsa-driver tarball, right?
(Giving you a hybrid fedora + source installing)

-------->I heard the Uggghhh and since this is really a test server I just reinstalled fedora 12 so I have a clean install now.
-------->Here is my current RPM list for alsa
alsa-tools-firmware-1.0.20-4.fc12.x86_64
alsa-utils-1.0.22-1.fc12.x86_64
alsa-plugins-pulseaudio-1.0.21-2.fc12.x86_64
alsa-firmware-1.0.20-2.fc12.noarch
alsa-lib-1.0.22-1.fc12.x86_64
alsa-tools-1.0.20-4.fc12.x86_64

Under then Multimedia section of system setting it now shows SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio which is different than before.
I do not have a pulse audio entry though which is troubling and I do not have sound.

Any other ideas?