VMware Workstation 7 on F12

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 17:34:05 UTC 2010

So far I have succeeded in getting 2 virtual machines running.  One, Windows
XP, I copied over from a Fedora 9 system.  The other, Fedora 12, I actually
installed using Workstation 7.  This install, which I did from an iso image,
went perfect no issues at all and I allocated 1Gb for memory, and F12 isn't
even listed as a supported guest.  I tried to install Ubuntu 9.10, which is
a supported guest os, it starts fine, asks a few questions, starts the disk
partitioning and then suddenly powers off.  I'll try lowering the memory
allocation and see if that works.  It's funny that the only VM I can install
on Workstation 7 is Fedora 12 :-)

Paolo