FC12-- Temporarily turning off IPv6 in Firefox and Thunderbird

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jan 13 00:05:38 UTC 2010

On 01/12/2010 01:00 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz on 01/12/2010 02:36 PM wrote:
>> And before I left home I was on my wireless network that DOES have IPv6
>> and a RA server.
>
> It's possible you've hit a bug with NetworkManager. It may be carrying
> over the default gateway for IPv6 if you go from a IPv6 network to
> IPv4-only network. I do this all the time though and I have not seen
> issues, so it may be certain steps that you are doing that no one else
> is.

We think it is a "misconfigure" notebook on the network here.  I
succeeded in deleting the gw route, and 2 minutes later it was back.
And the network guys confirmed it is not coming from them.  Then I
remembered I did not have this problem yesterday.  So the current
thought is someone showed up today and their system is advertising
something (RA?) that I am picking up.

GRRR.