External USB Drives

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jan 15 00:54:22 UTC 2010

If you are still looking for an external case, you should consider
getting one that does eSATA as well as USB. You may or may not have a
computer with an eSATA port, but you might in your next upgrade. And
eSATA is MUCH faster than  plain USB 2.

Of course the NAS type box provides a lot more flexibility as it can
live somewhere at the end of a network cable well away from your
desktop. Nice if you want to hide your backup solution under the stairs
or in a cupboard.
Geoff