F12 failing with KVM switches

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat Jan 16 20:41:20 UTC 2010

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:20:45 +0000 (UTC)
BeartoothHOS wrote:

> 	I've tried changing keyboard and mouse. I even bought a new KVM
> switch.

I currently use a iogear DVI/USB 4 port switch and (other than having
to replace the power cube), it has been the only kvm switch I've ever
had that worked well. I often switch between my fedora 12 box and
other systems, and haven't had any problems with f12 due to the
switch.

The only problem I've had has been due to the hopelessly inadequate
support for recovering xinput settings when I switch back and
forth, and I hacked around that with my silly xdbusd program:

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/xdbusd/xdbusd.html