outdated ssl cert

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 16 22:36:48 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 11:58 -0600, Steven Stern wrote:
> Because I have a hard time remembering how to generate self-signed
> certs, I set the expiration date for 5 years the last time I had to
> create them.

I'm not sure that I see a good reason for setting an expiry date, at
all.

It'd probably be a lot more useful if the certificate issuers
revalidated certificates periodically, leaving the same one alone if
it's fine, destroying it if impossible to revalidate.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.