Booting issues with F11

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 01:11:45 UTC 2010

On Saturday 16 January 2010 22:43:42 Reg Clemens wrote:
> > Reg Clemens wrote:
> > > In each case ( 32bit or 64bit machine ) the install goes without
> > > problems, but when I finish the install and it tells me to reboot, the
> > > system is incapable
> > > of rebooting.  It hems, it haws, and then tries an ethernet boot which
> > > is the
> > > last of its choices.
>
> Anything else?

The install went fine but booting from the hard disk fails afterwards? Well,
maybe it is a good idea to provide the following info (use rescue CD or such)

# fdisk -l /dev/sda
# cat /etc/fstab
# cat /boot/grub/grub.conf

for starters. Also, define "hems" and "haws". What is the order of boot devices
in bios? Does the bios report any failure to find the boot sector on the hard
disk?

HTH, :-)
Marko