help with... F9

Jake Peavy djstunks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 21:27:44 UTC 2010

Hi yall,

All I'm trying to do is get tc running on my Fedora 9 box and it's
segfaulting.  In order to fix that I think I need a kernel update, but I'm
stuck.

...I know I should upgrade to F12 (or whatever) but I don't have time...

Can someone point me in the right direction for updating my kernel?  My
searches show that at least 2.6.27 was released for F9, but my yum isn't
finding it - it just shows 2.6.25 which I'm already on.  I tried enabling
fedora-rawhide but it repeatedly failed the checksum (no matter which mirror
it got it from)

Some output below, any help would be appreciated.

Tks,

[root at flexo ~]# tc qdisc show
Segmentation fault
[root at flexo ~]# cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 9 (Sulphur)
[root at flexo ~]# uname -r
2.6.25-14.fc9.i686
[root at flexo ~]# yum info kernel
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
Name       : kernel
Arch       : i686
Version    : 2.6.25
Release    : 14.fc9
Size       : 49 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : The Linux kernel (the core of the Linux operating system)
URL        : http://www.kernel.org/
License    : GPLv2
core of any Linux operating system.  The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating
           : system: memory allocation, process allocation, device input and
output, etc.

Available Packages
Name       : kernel
Arch       : i586
Version    : 2.6.25
Release    : 14.fc9
Size       : 18 M
Repo       : fedora
Summary    : The Linux kernel (the core of the Linux operating system)
URL        : http://www.kernel.org/
License    : GPLv2
core of any Linux operating system.  The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating
           : system: memory allocation, process allocation, device input and
output, etc.

[root at flexo ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
repo id              repo name                                 status
fedora               Fedora 9 - i386                           enabled
livna                Livna for Fedora Core 9 - i386 - Base     enabled
rpmfusion-free       RPM Fusion for Fedora 9 - Free            enabled
rpmfusion-free-updat RPM Fusion for Fedora 9 - Free - Updates  enabled
rpmfusion-nonfree    RPM Fusion for Fedora 9 - Nonfree         enabled
rpmfusion-nonfree-up RPM Fusion for Fedora 9 - Nonfree - Upda  enabled
updates              Fedora 9 - i386 - Updates                 enabled
[root at flexo ~]# yum info kernel-devel
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
Name       : kernel-devel
Arch       : i686
Version    : 2.6.25
Release    : 14.fc9
Size       : 33 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : Development package for building kernel modules to match the
kernel
URL        : http://www.kernel.org/
License    : GPLv2
to build modules against the kernel package.

Available Packages
Name       : kernel-devel
Arch       : i586
Version    : 2.6.25
Release    : 14.fc9
Size       : 5.1 M
Repo       : fedora

--
-jp

When Chuck Norris was in middle school, his English teacher assigned an
essay: "What is Courage?" Chuck Norris received an "A+" for writing only the
words "Chuck Norris" and promptly turning in the paper.