Dual Monitor Question

Matt Smith smithm2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 00:15:43 UTC 2010

Thanks for the help.  I am making a concerted effort to do everything in the
terminal and just purchased books to learn in depth.

Here is my video card type.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV370 5B60 [Radeon
X300 (PCIE)]
You have mail in /var/spool/mail/root

Result of second command below:

Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 1280 x 1024, maximum 1280 x 1024
default connected 1280x1024+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1280x1024       0.0*
   1024x768        0.0
   800x600         0.0
   640x480         0.0

finally when i typed in "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" I got the following

[root at Matt ~]# /var/log/Xorg.0.log
-bash: /var/log/Xorg.0.log: Permission denied

Thanks again for the help it is much appreciated

Matt