Horrible artifacts in Fedora 12 and Google Earth! (fail)

Brian Mury brianmury at alumni.uvic.ca
Wed Jan 20 01:20:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 23:13 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi, is anybody using Google Earth on Fedora 12?
> How is it working for you? I have really issues with Google Earth
> having horrible artifacts when running Google Earth on Fedora 12. This
> has been tested this Intel based graphic cards, so please report if
> you have any artefacts and what graphics card you are using.

I get lots of bad artifacts with my ATI Radeon 9200.

> Is there a way to run Google Earth through pure software rendering
> without using any 3D from Intel graphics drivers? How?

I don't know if it is possible to make just GE use software rendering.
You could try turning off hardware rendering for X and see if you still
get artefacts. Might not be useful if you need hardware rendering for
other apps, but would still be an interesting test.