yum update, broken dependency: "libdrm >= 2.4.17-1 is needed"

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jan 20 02:35:33 UTC 2010

On 01/20/2010 12:07 AM, Tony Nelson wrote:
> On 10-01-19 08:02:25, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> The better question would be: Why had the inconstency this mesa-push
>> has caused not been caught in advance to pushing this package?
>>
>> IMO, somebody at Fedora's Release Management hass not done his
>> homework.
>
> See Dave Airlie's post to devel "libdrm vs mesa updates - update group
> for bodhi?"

That's not my point:

My point is: Why are package which apparently break package dependencies
being pushed to public repos rsp. why does rel-eng not catch them before
they break public repos?

I.e. I am not pointing at the "packager/package maintainer", but at
Fedora's release managers/Fedora's release engineering.

Ralf