problems with bluetooth headset

Joerg Bergmann email at jbergmann.de
Wed Jan 20 15:26:52 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 20.01.2010, 15:57 +0100 schrieb Gianluca Sforna:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Joerg Bergmann <email at jbergmann.de> wrote:
> > Unfortunately, Fedora 11 only detects the low bandwidth, monaural
> > "headset" device. Plus, there is no way for level control: Neither within
> > pulse audio nor using the buttons on the headset. Any hints or suggestions?
>
> Bluetooth stack in general and audio stuff in particular was really
> improved between F11 and F12, you may want to try booting a F12 LiveCD
> and see if there it works bettter (I guess it will)

I have solved the problem: I have to switch the bluetooth audio device's
"card profile". I have done this in a script myvlc, this script:
-switches to stereo mode and set this device the default
-calls vlc
-switches to headset mode and sets these devices to defaults
I have done the switches using pacmd commands.

Joerg