Add Xfce desktop & apps in Fedora 12

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 21 02:42:14 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 21.01.2010, 02:04 +0530 schrieb Jay_Linux:
> Sorry that should be the Xfce desktop for Fedora 12 (not Xubuntu).

Hi,

as others already mentioned, you will get Xfce with
yum groupinstall XFCE

I suggest to use the graphical "Add/Remove Software" tool because It
will also show you optional Xfce components you can install.

Next time you install Fedora, you might want to try our Xfce Spin, so
you don't have to install Gnome first. It features a very complete Xfce
desktop with even more Xfce packages than Xubuntu. Get it at
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce/

Regards,
Christoph