Demand for LUKS password blocks boot

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Thu Jan 21 15:37:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 10:24 -0500, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> On 01/21/2010 09:40 AM, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> >> From:
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Dracut/Options#crypto_LUKS
> >>
> >> Pass: rd_NO_LUKS to your kernel boot line.
> >
> > But that doesn't seem to help if you have LUKS devices that you do want
> > activated during boot (I haven't tested so could have the wrong end of
> > the stick).
>
> Read the next line of that document:
>
> rd_LUKS_UUID=<luks uuid>
> Only activate the LUKS partitions with the given UUID

I'm aware of that option and it still does not (reasonably) satisfy the
requirement I am thinking of. I do not want to have to specify the UUIDs
of every required encrypted volume on my system just so that it will
boot unattended with just one additional removable LUKs volume attached,
thanks.

Regards,
Bryn.